[Fusionforge-general] Ubuntu Packaging

christian.bayle at orange-ftgroup.com christian.bayle at orange-ftgroup.com
Tue Apr 14 09:08:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

In fact as I wrote, I only make the ubuntu build in a chroot
can you attach the error message, so I can have an idea of what fails.

We plan to add automatic testing on install process but it's not done.
We don't have enough time to test all possibilities on all distro
so you help is welcome.

I suspect your install fails in some way on postgresql, from which all
fusionforge package depends.

The important maessage is for me the first error, it can be something like
the "gforge-db-postgresql package failed in postinst"

who means /var/lib/dpkg/info/gforge-db-postgresql.postinst produced an error.
you can then add a
set -x  add the beginning of the script, then run aptitude -f install to ask
ubuntu to retry, you should get more infos of where it fails

 hope this help, if so, start a FAQ in wiki would probably help us

Christian