[Fusionforge-general] Testing implementation of an OSLC-CM V1 server API for FF trackers

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Thu Dec 10 10:12:46 CET 2009

Hi.

I'd like to discuss implementation of a Feature Request for FF :
https://fusionforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=114&aid=62&group_id=6

We've been working on a PHP server that can demonstrate the behaviour of
an OSLC-CM V1 compatible server
(https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Oslc/Web/). It uses
Zend, PHP5 object-oriented features, and is BSD licensed. Current
version : 0.5, as of our SVN head.

OSLC-CM V1 establishes a standard for client tools (so far Mylyn, the
Eclipse tasks/collaboration manager) to interact with
"bugtrackers" (change requests managers in OSLC terminology). It's based
on standards like XML (RDF and ATOM), JSON, and architectural concepts
like REST, Ajax, etc.

We intend to reuse bits of the code we have for the demo server in order
to try and create a FF plugin that could provide an OSLC-CM V1 server
API for FF trackers.

One of the benefits would be that there's no need for a custom (SOAP
based for instance) Mylyn connector specifically developped for FF, and
but the existing (new) OSLC-CM V1 client connector of Mylyn can directly
talk to FF (in addition to other proprietary servers).

Our code is currently organized with the MVC approach, so one
possibility would be to try and reuse the Model part to subclass it to
support FF tracker artifacts specific properties, and connect to the FF
DB or API. Maybe the Controller part could be reused too if bits of the
Zend Http router/controller can be integrated together with the FF to
support REST on a specific subpart of the PHP app ? In any case, the
Views shouln't be changed too much in principle.

Are people interested in working on this in the FF community ?
As for us, we'll try and work on this as part of the Coclico project,
but others are welcome to try and make it better (and quicker ;).

Feedback much welcome.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>