[Fusionforge-general] Gforge to FusionForge 4.8.1 migration

Keith.DeSolla at Zarlink.Com Keith.DeSolla at Zarlink.Com
Tue Dec 22 23:59:33 CET 2009

I have a functional fusionForge installation now, so I need to look at
moving the existing projects in opensource Gforge to FusionForge.  It
sounds like this is an 'upgrade' rather than a 'migration'.

The INSTALL.TXT file with 4.8.2 contains this info:

into your new installation.

1) Completely install your new system
2) Move the mentioned files into place
3) Import your old database
4) go into the gforge/db directory and choose 'startpoint.php 4.0.2'
as the starting point of the installation (4.0.2 is an example)
5) ./upgrade-db.php - this script will run the updates in order.
If any of them fail, it will prompt you to continue. Generally,
you should always continue. Most are minor or informational errors.

I'm looking for a little more detail now that I have an installation up
and running.     Does anyone have a more detailed guide, or a list of
files that needs to be copied over to the new installation?

What does the startpoint.php script do and what is the number the version
of Gforge, postgresql or something else?

Its not clear to me what step 3 involves or how it differs from step 5. Do
you copy/restore the source postgres database and then run the
upgrade-db.php script?

thanks
-keith

Keith DeSolla/Zarlink
11/17/2009 11:04 AM

fusionforge-general at lists.fusionforge.org
cc

Subject
Gforge to FusionForge 4.8.1 migration

hi,

I'm working on doing a new install of FusionForge and migrating data from
an old Gforge installation.  I posted this to the forum, but I'm not sure
which place has a wider audience.    There is another user who posted on
the forum as well with basically the same question.

Essentially, I'm looking for documentation, input, suggestions as far as
migrating the existing Gforge installation.  I'm new to Gforge, so no
information is too basic :-)  (including, what files do I need to copy to
a test area to try out importing the old data, besides the postgreSql
database)  The Gforge installation is about 5yrs old, but I'm not sure
what version it is.

I'm currently running a FusionForge 4.8 VM on Centos which I will use for
testing until our RHEL5 VM is ready, then I'll do a new install on RHEL5
which will be our 'production' server.

thanks.

regards,
Keith

This email is confidential and may contain information that is privileged and
exempt from disclosure by law.  If you have received it in error, please contact
the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system; you
should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone.  Emails are not secure
and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended,
lost or destroyed, or contain viruses.  Anyone who communicates with us by email
is taken to accept these risks.