[Fusionforge-general] Logo

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Mon Feb 2 14:37:31 CET 2009

Benoit Campedel, 2009-01-31 11:58:02 +0100 :

> I do like the "full" version (Fusion Forge 4.7) in the main page.

  Thanks :-)  I'm not a designer, and I don't often work with Gimp, so
I was afraid I would come up with something ugly.

> But I think the reduced version is not reduced enough !

  At first I disagreed, but now I think I see what you mean.  It's a
bit too visible for something that's on each and every page.  I'll
make it smaller.

> I would try to remove "Fusion" in front of it, considering the (F)
> in the circle is enough to make it distinct from (G) Forge.

  I'm not convinced about that.  The logo is supposed to help identify
the software, and having just "Forge" in there with something that's
still rather abstract doesn't really make it easy to know it's
"FusionForge".

> I take this (email) opportunity to say hello (bonjour !) to all of
> you.

  Bonjour aussi :-)

> As I am curious, I'd like to know your opinion about Savane ?

  I don't have much of an opinion.  I used to discuss things with Loïc
Dachary at the time SourceForge went proprietary, but we went separate
ways because he was more willing to fork than I was.  I didn't keep
myself informed since that time, I guess it continued evolving, but I
never heard much from them.

> Well, as soon as there will be an "official" FusionForge version,
> I'll probably start working on migrating our forge, and see if we
> can contribute some way.

  It's become official yesterday.

Roland.
--