[Fusionforge-general] merge fusionforge novaforge

Christian Bayle gforge at free.fr
Wed Feb 18 23:36:19 CET 2009

Hi

I made a 2nd read of your mail after digging a bit more in diffs
I made a diff  trunk/gforge/fusionforge.spec
branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source/gforge.spec
and I found very few diff, you mostly explain
This probably mean we dont have to copy any dir and that all your
proposol are ok, this would add useless noise,
I'd just like to be able to have a functionnal novaforge build in trunk
as soon as possible and copying very temporarily dirs if necessary  for
this.

I add some extra comments:

Le 18/02/2009 11:19, Alexandre NEYMANN a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking about the diff between novaforge and fusionforge.
> Concerning this files that are only in novaforge, I have some
> propositions :
>
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source: apacheconfig
> - gforge.conf have to be merged the with etc/httpd.conf.ewample or
> with files in etc/httpd.d/ if novaforge use gforge-config to configure
> the forge
> - gforge-plugin-scmsvn.conf  can be moved in plugins/scmsvn/etc/ or
> have to be merged with  file in  plugins/scmsvn/etc/httpd.d/ if
> novaforge use gforge-config to configure the forge

We have to check we don't loose anything, the novaforge config deals
with dav stuffs we don't have yet in gforge-config
there is also some interestinf extra vars DATADIR / NAME we may like to
handle
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source: config
> - nss-pgsql.conf hase to be merged with /etc/nss-pgsql.conf or the
> config have to use utils/install-nsspgsql.sh
> - aliases can be moved in /etc/

In fact in debian we have a <forgename>-shell-postgresql package that
handle this, does the actual removal of nss in the fusionforge.spec
still let it work in trunk rpm ?
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source: crond
> - gforge have to be merged with cron.d/fusionforge
> - gforge-plugin-scmcvs have to be merged with
> plugins/scmcvs/cron.d/fusionforge-plugin-scmcvs
> - gforge-plugin-scmsvn have to be merged with
> plugins/scmsvn/cron.d/fusionforge-plugin-scmsvn
> - gforge-auth-unix can be moved in cron.d/fusionforge-auth-unix

maybe  fusionforge-shell-files would be more logical with nsswitch.conf
naming
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source: gforgeconfig
> - local.inc have to be merged with etc/local.inc.example or with files
> in etc/local.d/ if novaforge use gforge-config to configure the forge
> - custom/project_homepage_template.php : I don't no if it isn't
> specific to novaforge

we have somethink like that as far as I remember, i think it should be
in some subpackage dealing with vhost and project website
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source: gforgedb
> - why recreate the time_tracking tables and the nss tables ?

I suppose it's related to the fact novaforge don't use db-upgrade.pl but
as far as I understood it intend to.
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source: logrotate
> - I think we can add this in the trunk but it will be fine to have
> logrotade/gforge-plugin-scmcvs in
> plugins/scmcvs/logrotate/fusionforge-plugin-scmcvs and also for scmsvn

Agree, we should talk about log format one day ;-)
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source: scripts
> - It seems your way to configure fusionforge is different from what
> exists in fusionforge. It will be a little difficult to merge. Have
> novaforge test the deb-specific/gforge-config script witch configure
> apache, local.inc ?

I think we should use for both, whar I wrote gforge-config I thought of
making it as universal as possible, but the code is quite ugly,
and would probably need some polishing, in relation with Roland proposals
> Seulement dans
> branches/Branch_4_7_novaforge/trunk/component/gforge/source:
> configscripts
> - I ask me if all this work have to be done in each  plugin .deb or rpm ?

I think we can find a way to share this between deb and rpm, I have some
idea on this, we should take some time to explain each other the diff
between deb and rpm, but I believe much more stuffs should be shared, I
can tell how I see this for cron and control file
> I think it is important to have same way to configure fusionforge. I
> think that I can merge rpm-specific/scripts/gforge-config with
> deb-specific/gforge-config and then we can move gforge-config out of
> deb-specific.

Agreed

Christian