[Fusionforge-general] metrics about projects in fusionforge?

Luis Cañas Díaz lcanas at libresoft.es
Thu Jul 2 15:35:23 CEST 2009

Hi all,
yesterday morning I've been talking with some of you in the IRC channel
about some contributions that our group would like to offer to the
project.

Allow me to introduce our background. Our research group[0] is known in
the libre software community in the field of studying metrics applied to
libre software projects. During the last three years we have been also
involved in projects [1][2][3] were we have been using GForge and other
forges in production and test environments and nowadays we are trying to
apply the knowledge we have been gathering to those projects.

Our proposal is to contribute with a metrics plugin and all the tools
needed to obtain the data to get those metrics. Our first approach in
this way can be shown through the metrics plugin we've released a few
days ago in the OSOR platform[4]. The tools we use to obtain the metrics
are part of the FLOSSMetrics project[5] and we already have developed
tools to analyse resources like scm, bts and mailing lists, but to be
honest I only consider the first one stable (some of my workmates could
kill me whether they read this ;)

To sum up, some of us in libresoft are very interested in collaborating
with the project and would like to hear from you what you think about
these kind of data in a forge. If you think it would be interesting we
can start talking about the technical details :)

Saludos,
	Luis.

[0]http://libresoft.es
[1]http://www.osor.eu/
[2]http://morfeo-project.org/
[3]http://vulcano.morfeo-project.org/
[4]http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/metrics/index.php?id=17&type=g
[5]http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/

--
Luis Cañas-Díaz          | GSyC/LibreSoft Research Lab
http://libresoft.es      | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones