[Fusionforge-general] Question about cvs_update.pl and csmcvs plugin (and another general question about fusionforge)

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:59:15 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I have 4.6.99+svn6585-1etch version of gforge. I'm a newbie in gforge

I found in /usr/share/gforge/plugins/scmcvs/cronjobs/cvs_update.pl:

system("echo \"anonymous:\\\$1\\\$0H\\\$2/LSjjwDfsSA0gaDYY5Df/:anonscm-gforge\"
> $cvs_dir/CVSROOT/passwd");

With this I get "No such user" when I try to use anonymous checkout.

As a quick fix I changed it to:
system("echo \"anonymous:\\\$1\\\$0H\\\$2/LSjjwDfsSA0gaDYY5Df/:\" >
$cvs_dir/CVSROOT/passwd");

Now I'm lost, because I don't known how should I to do to be capable
to do a auth checkout

I added my user in web interface, my user was added to writers in
CVSROOT directory on the project. But I can't find me in the users
database (getent passwd myuser is empty). I supposed it is a chroot
issue, but I don't known how could I solve it. Any help (please)?

I have another question (sorry if a second thread is required for
that), I tried to update my gforge version to 4.7~rc2 (from
http://gforge.eu/debian repo), but it is not available any more.

In fusionforge I searched about fusionforge packages for etch, but
only form lenny+ I could find.

Do you recommend do a lenny upgrade and then upgrade to fusionforge ?

Any suggest would be appreciate.

Thank you very much