[Fusionforge-general] OpenSUSE 11.0 installation

Martin Bernreuther bernreuther at hlrs.de
Sun Mar 8 00:42:22 CET 2009

Hello,

I just installed
	https://fusionforge.org/frs/download.php/4/fusionforge-4.7.1-allinone.tar.bz2
on a OpenSUSE 11.0 system. The target "SUSE" seems to be outdated. Therefore I updated
some package names used within the function installSUSE of gforge-install-1-deps.php for OPENSUSE
(e.g. php -> php5, ssh->openssh,..., added php5-gettext, viewvc(needed?) ) and ended up with:

apache2-mod_php5 apache2-prefork cvs mailman perl-IPC-Run perl-URI
php5 php5-curl php5-gd php5-gettext php5-pgsql postfix
postgresql postgresql-contrib postgresql-libs postgresql-server
rcs openssh subversion subversion-server wget xinetd viewvc

apache-mod_dav_svn and mod_ssl are not present in my OpenSUSE 11.0 repositories.
I think apache-mod_dav_svn might be obsolete, since subversion-server contains mod_dav_svn.so and
apache2 seems to support ssl without the need of an extra module.

BTW, checking for the existence /etc/SuSE-release you'll automatically detect a SUSE system
in the same manner like with /etc/redhat-release (cmp. install.sh).
$> cat /etc/SuSE-release
openSUSE 11.0 (X86-64)
VERSION = 11.0
See the attachement for a modified install.sh and gforge-install-1-deps.php
as a starting point for an openSUSE support.

I also had to add "dav dav_fs dav_svn authz_svn" to APACHE_MODULES in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
(dav_fs is probably not needed) Maybe the install routine can also check this in the future...

After the installation, I changed line 1 of all the php files startin with "<?" to "<?php":
	/opt/gforge/common/include/rbac_texts.php
	/opt/gforge/common/include/group_section_texts.php
Without this change, the Fusionforge index page showed some php-source-text at the beginning.
/opt/gforge/plugins/webcalendar/www/tools/convert_passwords.php
and some more files also contain this starting sequence
(cmp. `grep -nr "^<?$" /opt/gforge/* | grep ".php"`).

Fusionforge seems to be running now (somehow), BUT...
to check the installation routines, I'd like to perform another installation
from a "virgin" system again and therefore...

How do I completely remove FusionForge?

Does install.sh write any data, which might be helpful for an
uninstallation routine afterwards? (only /tmp/gforge-import.log ?)

Thanks,
	Martin
   Dr.-Ing. Martin Bernreuther
   University of Stuttgart
   High Performance Computing Center
   Nobelstrasse 19 (Office: Allmandring 30, 0.032)
   70569 Stuttgart, Germany

   Phone: (++49-(0)711) 685-64542, Fax: (++49-(0)711) 685-65832
   E-Mail: bernreuther at hlrs.de