[Fusionforge-general] SOAP Fusionforge CoreApi V0.1

Laurent HUET laurent.huet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:56:10 CEST 2010

>> I'm not a member of the project.
>
> I think you'd deserve to be if your work is substential, IMHO. Are you
> interested and have you asked ?

I make a request from the fusionforge website to join the projet.

> May I suggest to explain that process in a README ?

I will provide this README File in the next contribution.
Perhaps the wiki is a good place for that ?

>> This subdir is not required for the runtime.
>
> OK. Should be documented too in the case it ends up in the standard
> codebase, for packaging purposes.

Ok. Same thing than before (README or Wiki).

>> The Java Client Code I produce was only to test interoperability.
>> Before producing a client package, the Authentication/Authorization
>> problematic have to be solved first.
>
> What's the latest status on that topic ? /me is interested by OAuth in
> general, in any case.

For me, this topic is out of scope of the SOAP Api interface and go on
developing the new SOAP Api interface on the server side.
However, I don't tell you that it's not important and make a mistake
when I say :
"Before producing a client package, the Authentication/Authorization
problematic have to be solved first."
Only Authentication problematic have to be solve before producing the
client package.
I think it would be great to propose several Authentication Scheme.
In a first step, I think HTTP Basic Auth could be used (simple and widespread).
It's only my opinion and I'm not the decision maker ;-)

Best Regards,

Laurent

--
Laurent HUET