[Fusionforge-general] Preparing to apply as mentoring org for Google Summer of Code ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Feb 22 09:58:40 CET 2010

Le samedi 20 février 2010 à 12:06 +0100, Olivier Berger a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to suggest to apply (as FusionForge project) to be a mentoring
> organization for Google Summer of Code (http://code.google.com/soc/)
>
> In principle there should be details on :
> http://socghop.appspot.com/ (currently down).

Replying to my own proposal after having read the Terms Of Service.

There would be several tasks for completing such an application :
      * identify lists of subjects of "internships" for students to work
        on
      * identify who's going to apply on behalf of FF as a mentor and
        backup mentors (me, others ?), including to whom 500 US$ would
        be paid as mentoring org (GnuRandal ?)
      * committing to mentoring the student and do the paperwork
        needed ;)

Of course in exchange, we would grant google a certain number of rights
like some publicity, using the results of evaluations of the work as
recruitment tool, etc.

What do you think ?

Best regards,
--