[Fusionforge-general] [Torsten Werner] fusionforge_4.8.56+trunk20100217-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Thu Feb 25 16:31:07 CET 2010

Hi all,

  After I tried to upload a snapshot of the trunk to Debian
(experimental) with the new package name, the FTP-masters rejected it
for the following reasons.  Some of them are purely a matter of
documenting licenses, some require (re)moving files.

,----
| From: Torsten Werner <ftpmaster at debian.org>
| To: Roland Mas <lolando at debian.org>
|
| [...]
|
| Hi,
|
| there are a lot of issues:
|
| binary files without source:
| plugins/wiki/www/themes/Sidebar/hyperwiki.jar
| plugins/wiki/www/themes/default/templates/MAP.pdf
`----

  Are these files required, or may I remove them?  I don't see what the
Java stuff is doing here, and the PDF is documentation and can be
replaced with a link to an online version if needed.  Alternatively, I
can just filter these files out of the .orig.tar.gz in the "make orig"
target of Makefile.debian.

,----
| www/tabber/tabber.js:
| MIT license
|
| www/jscook/JSCookMenu.js and other files:
| MIT license
|
| www/themes/osx/*
| MIT license
`----

  I'll just document that, not a problem I think.

,----
| plugins/wiki/www/lib/pear/DB/pgsql.php and other files:
| PHP license - this sounds dangerous!
`----

  Do we need that file, or could we rely on the system's PEAR?

,----
| plugins/fckeditor/www/editor/filemanager/connectors/cfm/ImageObject.cfc
| and other files:
| BSD license
`----

  Probably just some documenting.

,----
| missing source?:
| plugins/fckeditor/www/_samples/html/assets/sample16.fla
| plugins/fckeditor/www/_samples/html/assets/sample16.swf
|
| plugins/fckeditor/www/_samples/html/assets/swfobject.js:
| MIT license
`----

  The directory name seems to imply we can do without these files, so
I'll probably just remove them.

  Objections should be made pretty soon, as I'm going to try another
upload to Debian in the coming days :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Time is a drug.  Too much of it kills you.
  -- in Small Gods (Terry Pratchett)