[Fusionforge-general] project metrics feature

Luis Cañas Díaz lcanas at libresoft.es
Tue Jan 5 11:24:52 CET 2010

Dear all,
a few months I asked you for feedback about the possibility of including
software metrics in fusionforge. Finally our group decided to invest
effort on this so we are starting next week.

The work we've done can be seen at:
        http://forge.osor.eu/plugins/metrics/index.php?id=13&type=g

        and

        http://melquiades.flossmetrics.org/projects/evince/charts

Our intention is to start from the lower level to improve the final
result, so we are working on the tools which obtain the data (one of
them even don't have a release) and create debian packages. The tools we
will use are:

- cvsanaly - stable tool, we are thinking about improving it in terms of
performance
- mlstats - stable tools that needs a few modifications
- bicho - in alpha state, we are thinking about writing it from scratch
including a backend to query the ff database
- retrieval system - in charge of manage the tools above, we are also
thinking about rewritting it
- ¿melquiades? - the django interface used in
melquiades.flossmetrics.org, so far we will use it to connect with the
fusionforge plugin, but we still have to think about it

I'll be out a couple of weeks during January (after the 15th) but some
of us will be working during this time. I'll try to attend to the IRC
meetings and keep you informed about our progress.

I would like to remark that feedback is more than welcome, we want to
contribute with something interesting. We wouldn't like to invest our
effort to create dog food ;)

Best regards,
	Luis.

--
Luis Cañas-Díaz          | GSyC/LibreSoft Research Lab
http://libresoft.es      | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones