[Fusionforge-general] upgrade script

AlJeux aljeux at free.fr
Wed Jan 6 21:03:29 CET 2010

Keith.DeSolla at Zarlink.Com a écrit :

> In the INSTALL.TXT file in the list of steps for upgrading an existing
> database there is a reference to the 'startpoint.php' script.  I don't
> speak PHP yet;  can someone tell me what this script does?   (I don't
> need a line by line analysis - just need to know what function the
> script has).
>
> 4) go into the gforge/db directory and choose 'startpoint.php 4.0.2'
> as the starting point of the installation (4.0.2 is an example)

startpoint.php will basically create two tables:

* database_startpoint (db_version, db_start_date)
* database_changes (filename)

And init the database_startpoint table with the version given in argument.

Theses tables are used by the upgrade.php script to find the new sql or
php upgrade scripts that will be needed to upgrade.

Alain.