[Fusionforge-general] Installation of gforge in webserver root

Holger Schramm holger.schramm at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:26:41 CET 2010

Good afternoon,

2009/12/17 Roland Mas <lolando at debian.org>:
> Holger Schramm, 2009-11-09 11:25:28 +0100 :
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> i am a little bit confused.
>>
>> My hostname, shown in shell is:
>> server70
>>
>> My fqdn is server70.mydomain.com, so the lists. subdomain creates a
>> link like lists.server70.mydomain.com. I'd like to have the webserver
>> root @ www.mydomain.com, so that this sub reads like
>> lists.mydomain.com.
>>
>> I tried different approaches, like reconfiguring hosts file,
>> reconfiguring gforge.conf and running gforge-conf, but if i also
>> reconfigure httpd.conf, the next time gforge.conf is being run, it is
>> reset to old version.
>
>  The configuration system is probably going to be rewritten in the near
> future, both for configuration variables and the Apache configuration
> files.  Thorsten Glaser has great ideas about the latter.
>
>  In your particular case, I think setting domain_name to
> www.mydomain.com but not touching the other variables (such as
> lists_host) might work with the current code.

i changed this and it comes up, when i enter https://www.mydomain.com,
but if i enter just http://www.mydomain.com it complains about the
certificate, which belongs to server70, so i do not have any chance to
view the page properly.

Alas, if i open the public info of a project, the homepagelink reads
like this: http://server70/stats/

Do i have to change some more entries in gforge.conf and run
gforge-config afterward?

I also encountered a problem in mailman. After creating a project and
clicked on "approve" it shows me this:

Approving Group: testtest
ML: Invalid Email Address

It also shows only 1 mailing list per project, i think there have been
2 of them on earlier installations. Might this be due to version
4.8.2? Since then gforge-web-apache2 plugin relies on libnusoap-php,
which wasn't available in my Ubuntu, but that wasn't a real problem at
all ...

>> So, how did you configure www.fusionforge.org, it seems to be
>> configured like i'd would run my site? Any help or insight will be
>> truly appreciated.
>
>  There's a trick at least in the Debian configuration: when you set
> your domain to domain.com, then both http://domain.com and
> http://www.domain.com contain the forge's web interface, but the
> internal links will point at the variant without the www.  Maybe that
> would work for you?

Can you point me, where to look in Debian vulgo Ubuntu to change this?

Thanks for your help!

Holger