[Fusionforge-general] NSS

christian.bayle at orange-ftgroup.com christian.bayle at orange-ftgroup.com
Mon Jan 11 13:37:27 CET 2010

It was some discussion about gathering docs in the wiki

I would suggest to add a section in the sitemap
at https://fusionforge.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fusionforge

configuring/NSS or
configuring/UserGroupPermissions/NSS

for your permission question, the general idea is to  associate a unix
group to the reposiories
and to have unix permission according to users permission
In this way the security is done by the os security.

The problem with this approad is that the scm viewer is generaly apache
controlled, so you have to make so
the web user has:
    - permission to read
    - show data according to users permissions

Your problem is probably in the crontab that init repositories

Christian

Evert Lammerts wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> I'll have some notes to add to a wiki page - I've documented my efforts to
> get NSS working on our own internal wiki.
>
> Thanks for the below suggestions. In the meantime I've managed to get it
> working properly. I'm however still confused about the permissions of my SVN
> repos. For some reason, anybody with an SSH account on the server can
> SVN+SSH checkout all repos, regardles of the repo status, both public and
> private. I think this is due to apache having ownership of all repo's, which
> (apparently) is necessary to have viewcvs working properly. There's been a
> bit of discussion on this issue already, but I haven't been able to
> contribute much yet, due to lack of time.
>
> Let me know where I can put my notes or send them to.
>
> Cheers,
> Evert

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.