[Fusionforge-general] virtual forges and fusionforge

AlJeux aljeux at free.fr
Wed Jul 7 20:34:34 CEST 2010

Luis Cañas Díaz a écrit :
> Hi all,
> a months ago I mentioned that we were interested on a feature to offer
> different web views of the same forge (in libresoft we name it virtual
> forge). During the last weeks we updated the changes we made over gforge
> to be compatible with fusionforge 5.0.1 in order to migrate the Morfeo's
> forge[1] to fusionforge during this summer. If you are interested on
> this feature you can have a look at the following link:
>
> http://forge.ffvirtual5.libresoft.es/
>
> -> have a look at the box on the right called virtual forges, in the
> virtual forge you'll only see some of the projects. In the Morfeo's
> community the main forge lists all the projects and the virtual forges
> (with customized branding) only list a few of them.
>
> So far the changes we applied aren't too much elegant but we could
> improve them if you are interested on having this feature upstream. The
> problem I see is that now we end up with a fork. AFAIK this can't be
> coded as a plugin because we need to modify most of the queries that
> show list of projects or data relative to projects like categories,
> tags, ...

Hi Luis,

In order to have a better view of your changes, I suggest that you
detail us what you've done and why, this could be a first step to see if
your improvements could fit nicely in the forge codebase.

FYI, I had several times this request from big projects so I think there
is a real need.

Best regards,
Alain.