[Fusionforge-general] Installing fusionforge on RedHat 5

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Jun 1 11:41:55 CEST 2010

JL Bond Consulting, 2010-05-30 12:55:05 -0700 :

>>   I don't use RHEL myself, but thanks a lot nevertheless :-)
>
> we are glad to contribute back what we can, it is not much. i don't
> know about other parts of the world, but RHEL is the primary Linux
> platform for business use in the USA. i think having RHEL RPMs will
> help encourage the use of this software by larger businesses in the
> USA at least.

  I have no doubt RHEL packages would be very useful, and didn't mean to
belittle them.  Quite the contrary, in fact: the lack of maintained RPMs
is a problem, and finding someone to take on that task would be good
news.

>> > It is by no means perfect. In fact, we might still need to try some
>> > other things to fix some problems, this is very much work in
>> > progress. Some of the patches are just for our own sanity, like
>> > converting all ereg* functions to preg* since they are deprecated in
>> > PHP 5.3.x, which we are using.
>>
>>   I think most of these should be committed directly to the code.
>
> You are welcome to commit those patches to the code. I don't know the
> process to get patches accepted by this project. So for now, I'm just
> going to email them to this list. I certainly don't want what we are
> doing to break things for other people, so is there some sort of
> "review board" that approves code contributions?

  Not formally, although we have a patch tracker on fusionforge.org.

[...]

>> Oshitemo damedara, hiite mina.
>>   -- Proverbe japonais
>
> I think that should be "Oshitemo dame-nara, hiite mina"

  Blah.  These conditionals have always been confusing to me.  Thanks :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Depuis 1977.