[Fusionforge-general] “Unified config” system now in trunk

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Mon Mar 15 14:27:33 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm not quite back on top of things after a week of skiing, but I did a
rebase of my previously local unified-config branch on top of SVN trunk,
and committed the results to trunk today.  Only two variables have been
converted (sys_name and sys_user_reg_restricted), but the rest should be
relatively straightforward to do.  I think the current API (see
gforge/common/include/config.php) matches the comments I had received
during the RFC phase.  I'm starting to document it on the wiki, see
<https://fusionforge.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/fusionforge/index.php/Developer_doc>.
The next steps are probably to implement a similar API for Perl and
shell scripts.  Fortunately, there are libraries devoted to parsing
*.ini files, so that shouldn't be too hard.

  Anyway, I probably won't spend too much time on that in the immediate
future (read: at least until 5.0 is out).

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

M-x execute-extended-command