[Fusionforge-general] Improvements on the mediawiki-plugin

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Mon Mar 22 09:45:49 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010, Olaf Lenz wrote:

> The thing is, that when mediawiki is updated, that the maintenance
> script of mediawiki has to be run for each existing instance of

Hrm. Interesting. The Debian packages, for example, and upstream as
well, don’t seem to even grok the mere concept of having more than
one MW per both VM and database…

> mediawiki. This would have to be done by the packager as well. Which
> package would have to do it?

Yes, this is awful. I think we need a trigger then, which calls a
FusionForge script upgrading them when a MW package is upgraded.
Which calls for a modified MW package (only slightly) and the main
job in FF (of course).

> I will extend the init script such that it checks first whether there
> are already any links. Then the packager can create the links when
> installing the package, no problem.

Mh. The problem I was pointing out is that, when creating something,
you’d want it removed on uninstall. How is not the issue…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent Gesellschaft für Softwareentwicklung und IT-Beratung mbH
Geschäftsführer: Boris Esser, Elmar Geese

Heilsbachstr. 24, 53123 Bonn,   fon +49 228 52675-93,  fax +49 228 52675-25
Weigandufer 45,   12059 Berlin, fon +49 30 5682943-30, fax +49 228 52675-25
Schützenstr. 18,  10117 Berlin, fon +49 30 27594853,   fax +49 30 78709617