[Fusionforge-general] SOAP Api change proposition

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Mar 24 12:18:52 CET 2010

Le mercredi 24 mars 2010 à 11:04 +0100, Laurent HUET a écrit :

> The APIs is for me very important for application's integration and
> both SOAP / (REST or XML-RPC) have to be implemented.

Which other tools are you integrating with (if it's no secret) ?

> I'd like to see an eclipse plugin for example (integration with
> Mylin ?) like JIRA/Bugzilla connector.

There is work (conducted in COCLICO, after some work for Mantis
conducted in HELIOS project) done in order to try and implement an
OSLC-CM V1 compatible REST API for trackers, that should allow, some day
soon, to inter-operate with the FF (and Codendi) trackers with Mylyn.
More details in :
https://fusionforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=62&group_id=6&atid=114

However, the Mylyn project is not really able to commit on deadlines for
complete support of OSLC-CM at the moment... nor are we, on COCLICO
side... but slowly making progress ;)

The REST API server is implemented using Zend framework.
There might be a potential for using 2 different Zend controllers, one
for REST and one for SOAP, with same model internally... in theory
(MVC), even though that will have to be demonstrated in practice.

So this is why it may be interesting to invest in Zend SOAP server
modules also... but someone will have to work on that to draw some pros
and cons ;)

> It seems to be a GForge plugin. Is it compatible with FusionForge ?

-> fortune !
Hence why FusionForge was started ;)

Best regards,
--