[Fusionforge-general] SOAP Api change proposition

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Thu Mar 25 13:20:41 CET 2010

Hi.

Le jeudi 25 mars 2010 à 11:58 +0100, Laurent HUET a écrit :

> > There is work (conducted in COCLICO, after some work for Mantis
> > conducted in HELIOS project) done in order to try and implement an
> > OSLC-CM V1 compatible REST API for trackers, that should allow, some day
> > soon, to inter-operate with the FF (and Codendi) trackers with Mylyn.
> > More details in :
> > https://fusionforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=62&group_id=6&atid=114
> >
> > However, the Mylyn project is not really able to commit on deadlines for
> > complete support of OSLC-CM at the moment... nor are we, on COCLICO
> > side... but slowly making progress ;)
>
> Is there a first implementation of Mylyn connector for this OSLC-CM
> specifications ?

Last time I checked, there were first pieces of code, but only for
low-level parts, and we were missing a clear implementation of the whole
stack, but Mylyn is restructuring at the moment, so it's not clear if
they are so much available to work on that.

See : http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/mylyn-dev/msg00887.html and

> > The REST API server is implemented using Zend framework.
> > There might be a potential for using 2 different Zend controllers, one
> > for REST and one for SOAP, with same model internally... in theory
> > (MVC), even though that will have to be demonstrated in practice.
> >
> > So this is why it may be interesting to invest in Zend SOAP server
> > modules also... but someone will have to work on that to draw some pros
> > and cons ;)
>
> The Zend SOAP Server API is very similar to the PHP SOAP Extension.
> I have quickly look at the Zend SOAP Server and the only thing I found
> is tools for WSDL generation that PHP SOAP Extension doesn't have.
> For the moment, I have coded a little sample with the standard PHP
> SOAP Extension to not add another dependency.

It's also a bit more interesting compared to plain PHP, in that it
probably tends to lead you towards a MVC design, with Zend Controllers,
Zend views, etc. ... uh... views for SOAP ? ... not so sure, actually...
anyway ;)

My 2 cents,

Best regards,
--