[Fusionforge-general] [Discussions] Forges session @ RMLL/LSM + Forges workshop

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Fri May 7 14:56:07 CEST 2010

Olivier Berger, 2010-04-30 16:34:33 +0200 :

> Hi.
>
> Just to remind you that the RMLL/LSM 2010 is happening in Bordeaux
> (France) in early July, and that there will be forges around.

[...]

> May I remind you that a room is booked there too, for *Forge projects to
> held workshops/hacking sessions API reviews and whatever fun convergence
> games you'd like to play ;)
>
> ... It may be interesting to forecast who's planing to participate to
> the workshop, so I've setup a Doodle :
> http://www.doodle.com/untxf26g5qirdtv7

  There are currently only three people registered on there.  I think we
should be able to get more if we pick the 8th and 9th of July, since the
forge-oriented talks are on the 7th, but I'd still like to have an idea
of whether more people are interested.  In order to bootstrap the
chicken-and-egg problem, here are a few ideas of things we could do in
such sessions:

- presentations of some of the PlanetForge APIs, and comparisons of the
  implementations (or help for implementation across forges);

- discussions on some potential new unified APIs we could do in
  PlanetForge;

- discussions/hacking on database upgrade frameworks/tools;

- hacking on installation methods;

- generic debugging;

- adding unit/functional tests to increase code coverage;

- planning, roadmapping, getting feedback and ideas for improvement from
  users;

- your idea here.

  Who's in?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

'And what would humans be without love?'
RARE, said Death.  -- in Sourcery (Terry Pratchett)