[Fusionforge-general] [MantisBT Plugin]: An introduction

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed May 12 09:06:01 CEST 2010

Hi.

Le mardi 11 mai 2010 à 15:18 +0200, Franck VILLAUME a écrit :
> Olivier Berger a écrit :
> > Hi.
> >
> > Le vendredi 07 mai 2010 à 14:10 +0200, Franck VILLAUME a écrit :
> >
> >> I'm looking for some people ready to help to port it to Fusionforge trunk.
> >>

> > I'm interested.
> >
> > I cannot promise much, but as we're both working on Mantis and on
> > FusionForge, I think it would make sense to try and have a look at what
> > you've done, and maybe help.
> >
> > Have you some code available somewhere to have a look at ?
>
> Please find source as attachment.

Thanks for sending a copy of the sources.

I haven't yet had the time to have a look at the code really.

But first, I'd like to try and clarify the copyright of this plugin.

I couldn't find any mention of the copyright, nor the license on the
files that you have sent.

However, I assume that if you send it to public lists, and discuss it
with the fusionforge community, it's because the end goal is to
contribute it as Free Software to the project.

But it gets even worse, with the following notice in your email : ;-)

> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message
> in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

May I suggest you have a look at :
https://fusionforge.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/fusionforge/index.php/License which gives some hints on how copyright notices may be written... if of course the same license would apply to your code.

I assume that the work was conducted as a work assignment at Cap Gemini,
and as such, probably under french law regime, the license choice would
be your employer's... so you may check with your legal department in
principle.

Of course, IANAL, so that's just a few random hints ;) Feel free to ask
if these copyright and license issues aren't really clear for you.

In any case, thanks for sharing the code... even if it's not Free
Software yet, we may have a look and give you some feedback.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF