[Fusionforge-general] postgresql error message (ignoring, but…)

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Wed Oct 13 11:12:32 CEST 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Roland Mas wrote:

> Right.  A name resolution causes nss_pgsql to try to connect to the
> database; this in turn causes a new name resolution, which is blocked
> because the library can't handle two in parallel (or something).

Mhm. Shouldn’t nscd prevent something like that?

>   Basically, we should switch to nss-db, and generate an appropriate db
> from the PostgreSQL data.  But this would mean either going back to the
> crontab way (with the one-hour delay between changes in FF and changes

nscd implies delays too, although I have reduced them to 300s.

I was wondering what nss-db is and searched and found
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/nss_db.txt
and think I must object to it using bdb… we’re running an SKS
keyserver, whose BDB needs a db4.6_recover every night, and
*still* fails (needs kill -9 to die, doesn’t start up any more)
occasionally.

Why not generate passwd/group/shadow directly?

> in Unix users and groups) or going forward to the proposed on-the-fly
> triggering of required cronjobs (which is only a thought at the moment).

That would pretty much be nice.

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
tarent Gesellschaft für Softwareentwicklung und IT-Beratung mbH
Geschäftsführer: Boris Esser, Elmar Geese

Heilsbachstraße 24,  53123 Bonn,   Telefon: +49 228 52675-93
Thiemannstraße 36 a, 12059 Berlin, Telefon: +49 30 5682943-30
Internet: http://www.tarent.de/  • Telefax: +49 228 52675-25