[Fusionforge-general] [Tuleap-devel] FusionForge/Tuleap Collaboration

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Aug 8 13:39:02 CEST 2011

Hi.

Le lundi 08 août 2011 à 10:24 +0200, Christian Bayle a écrit :
> We thought how we could collaborate not to replicate some work
>
> One target identified is that we could share some 3rd party package as a
> first step.

What exactly do you mean by 3rd party packages ? PHP libs and likes ?

> We agree that 3rd party have as destiny to be integrated in
> distribution, but it takes
> time and effort and we unfortunately have to use some of them, not yet
> packaged, not yet back-ported package.

I'd personally target packaging for generic purpose distributions rather
than reinventing some more or less local wheels :-/

We have quite some Debian developers around, so as to facilitate
integration in the (not yet stable, though) archive... and it would save
time for other projects too, in case they would be tempted to take an
approach such as the one you described.

I dunno about CentoS, Redhat and such packaging, but maybe here too,
that would require sharing effort in order to reach for generic
packaging for the whole community instead of local stuff.

That's just my own opinion of course.

Otherwise, looking forward to more collaboration for sure.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF