[Fusionforge-general] VM image for easy testing

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Jan 24 15:42:06 CET 2011

Hi.

Le mardi 16 novembre 2010 à 10:43 +0100, Vincent Caron a écrit :

>   I tried to convert it to Qemu format with 'qemu-img convert -O qcow2
> ffsandbox.vmdk ffsandbox.qcow2' but it gave a me a disk image without
> partition or filesystem signature. Although it already succeeded with
> other images... I'll dig it later, should be solved at some point.

FYI, I've managed to convert it to raw with :

VBoxManage clonehd -format RAW ffsandbox.vmdk ffsandbox.raw

Then, the following gets some success :
/sbin/fdisk -l ffsandbox.raw

qemu -hda ffsandbox.raw seems OK, as I can see the grub screen.

I'll continue trying to move on qith qemu, but will try to convert to
qcow2 from raw, first.

Hope this helps.
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>