[Fusionforge-general] Config sections for plugins

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Thu Mar 10 10:31:23 CET 2011

Olivier Berger, 2011-03-08 16:52:04 +0100 :

> Hi.
>
> I'm wondering : wouldn't it be better if configuration values for
> plugins were managed in sections pre- or post- fixed with the 'plugin'
> keyword ?

  I'm not sure there's much to gain there.  We have one [core] section,
and the other sections already correspond to plugins.

> Or a subsection of [plugins] for each plugins, or any other way that
> differentiates them from the main modules' values ?

  I don't think the *.ini format allows for subsections.

> Any pros or cons ?

  Con: we've only just finished the migration to the new settings
system.  Renaming sections or variables would certainly be possible, but
there would need to be clear advantages to counter the cost (in
development time and user confusion) of another migration.

  Pro: I don't know, but if you proposed the change you probably have
some in mind?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

...sur un portable, quelque part dans le monde...
...on a laptop, somewhere in the world...