[Fusionforge-general] Mutualized persistence storage table to share by plugins - Was: [Fwd: [Fusionforge-commits] r12819 - trunk/src/common/include]

Manuel Vacelet manuel.vacelet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 21:55:16 CET 2011

(re-send with list in CC)
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Roland Mas <lolando at debian.org> wrote:

> Olivier Berger, 2011-03-17 09:56:33 +0100 :
> > Objects are serialized with php's serialiazation functions.
>
> If the "key-value" store is a given, the value stored in the table could
> be turned into an array of (varchar,text) composites.  That would add a
> bit of complexity (serializing and unserializing in PHP), but also some
> advantages: ability to filter stuff with SQL, and ability to re-use the
> store from non-PHP code.

In this case, I think json would be more approriate.

More général question:
* What about the performances ?

With this "blob" approach it's no longer possible to place index on key
(sic!) values to get the right speed.

If a NoSQL approach is need why not looking at a a "real" KVS like Redis,
MongoDB, CouchDB, etc ?