[Fusionforge-general] Mutualized persistence storage table to share by plugins - Was: [Fwd: [Fusionforge-commits] r12819 - trunk/src/common/include]

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Fri Mar 18 13:59:21 CET 2011

Le jeudi 17 mars 2011 à 21:55 +0100, Manuel Vacelet a écrit :
> (re-send with list in CC)
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Roland Mas <lolando at debian.org>
> wrote:
>         Olivier Berger, 2011-03-17 09:56:33 +0100 :
>         > Objects are serialized with php's serialiazation functions.
>

>         If the "key-value" store is a given, the value stored in the
>         table could
>         be turned into an array of (varchar,text) composites.  That
>         would add a
>         bit of complexity (serializing and unserializing in PHP), but
>         also some
>         advantages: ability to filter stuff with SQL, and ability to
>         re-use the
>         store from non-PHP code.
>

> In this case, I think json would be more approriate.

I've been thinking of one single (PHP OO) interface that could be
instanciated by 2 different implementations, one for JSON, one for PHP's
serilization... anyone will be free to improve on this ;)

> More général question:
> * What about the performances ?
>
> With this "blob" approach it's no longer possible to place index on
> key (sic!) values to get the right speed.

Sure, so it's just for some particular cases where a few bits of data
can be retrieved without filtering needs or performance risks.

> If a NoSQL approach is need why not looking at a a "real" KVS like
> Redis, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc ?

Wanted to do something lightweight, but of course one may think of more
advance possibilities, with doctrine for instance...

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF