[Fusionforge-general] [Fusionforge-commits] r13259 - in trunk/htdocs: . deb-repo deb-repo/dists deb-repo/dists/hardy deb-repo/dists/hardy/3rd-party deb-repo/dists/lenny deb-repo/dists/lenny/3rd-party

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Mon May 16 10:21:32 CEST 2011

On Sat, 14 May 2011, Olivier Berger wrote:

> > Log:
> > prepare for debian package repository, as discussed on today?\226?\128?\153s meeting
>
> Would you be so kind as to explain a little bit on the list the purpose
> of these aditions ?

Sure, no problem.

The idea is that http://fusionforge.fusionforge.org/ got a
new menu point “3rd-party DEB packages” which links to an
apt-gettable repository of Debian packages FusionForge has
dependencies on, but which are not included in Debian Lenny
(one of them isn’t even included in Debian Squeeze) or the
lenny-backports repository. This is to avoid having to up-
load (and maintain!) backports on Debian’s backports service,
especially since these packages aren’t “ours” (except one).

I’ve uploaded only source packages because Chris wanted to
let the buildbot generate binary debs+changes.

The main “user” of these packages would be the Install-CD
generator, but people running FusionForge on older Debian
(or *buntu) versions can profitate from it as well. We’ll
be putting packages for Lenny and Hardy in there, as they
can be used on newer releases of these distributions with
no problems. (If there’s demand, dapper and etch can be
considered as well.)

Regeneration of the Packages, Sources, Release files, the
latter PGP-signed, and the repository index HTML is done
via a post-commit wrapper. Currently, the binary-* files
are generated for amd64 and i386, but more architectures
can be easily added (all architectures known by dpkg but
not explicitly generated will be symlinks to binary-all,
so they can still use the arch:all packages from the site;
I think all packages currently uploaded are arch:all).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
tarent Gesellschaft für Softwareentwicklung und IT-Beratung mbH
Heilsbachstraße 24, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/