[Fusionforge-general] tracker artifact error

Keith.DeSolla at Zarlink.Com Keith.DeSolla at Zarlink.Com
Wed Nov 23 21:16:17 CET 2011

I used pgAdmin to look at the database and the artifact does not exist in
the database
as the error indicates.   The ticket has been re-submitted by the same
user and it looks
fine.

So, some odd sequence of events resulted in the original ticket not being
created in
the db, yet an automated email was sent saying it was.

Can anyone tell me what order things are supposed to happen in?  I assumed
that the
email wouldn't get generated until after the artifact is created in the db
and that there
was some corruption of the entry after the email went out;   However, I do
not know for
sure that is the case.

thanks
-keith

Keith DeSolla/Zarlink
11/18/2011 04:30 PM

fusionforge-general at lists.fusionforge.org
cc

Subject
tracker artifact error

hi,

One of my users opened a new ticket in an existing project  (we're running
FF 4.8) and received the automated
email message with all the details she entered, suggesting it was created.
  However, now when any of us try
to access that particular Tracker item we get this error:

ERROR

Artifact: Invalid ArtifactID

At the moment, its the only tracker item exhibiting this problems.  Other
tickets in other projects have been
successfully opened/closed/updated/etc.

Has anyone else seen this kind of error or suggest where to start looking?
  My user may be able to open a
new ticket, but I want to track down what's happening here in case it
affects other data in the same project.

thanks.

-keith

This email is confidential and may contain information that is privileged and
exempt from disclosure by law.  If you have received it in error, please contact
the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system; you
should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone.  Emails are not secure
and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended,
lost or destroyed, or contain viruses.  Anyone who communicates with us by email
is taken to accept these risks.