[Fusionforge-general] DB upgrade unification - status report

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Wed Oct 26 16:24:44 CEST 2011

Roland Mas, 2011-10-21 10:23:30 +0200 :

[...]

>   I need to do more testing before pushing all that to trunk (running
> a full testsuite locally would be a good start), but it seems stable
> enough so far.
>
>   I'd also like to make sure the convergence script actually works on
> real databases, as opposed to fresh installs with no data in there.  So
> I'll probably run tests on my side (based on a few FusionForge instances
> I can get my hands on), but I'd welcome tests on other real forges too.

  A few more iterations later, I'm rather confident I haven't broken
anything in the Debian path, and existing forges (on Debian) can be
upgraded with the convergence scripts.  That's halfway there.  To
complete the tests, I would appreciate if some users of real-world
forges installed with RPM or from sources could send me a dump of their
database schema (*not* the actual private data, of course) obtained with
a "pg_dump --schema-only <dbname>".  If there's nothing secret in there,
please also send the contents of the database_changes and
database_startpoint tables, with "pg_dump --data
--table=database_startpoint --table=database_changes <dbname>".

  I'll then import these schemas in a local DB, run the convergence
script on them, and check whether 1. it runs without errors and 2. it
brings the DB to the "standard converged" schema.

  In the meantime, the current diff of my branch against trunk is
attached.

  Thanks in advance,

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's
warm for the rest of his life -- Solid Jackson, in Jingo (Terry Pratchett)