[Fusionforge-general] FYI: embedding ECMAscript in XHTML

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Mon Oct 31 15:48:01 CET 2011

Just an FYI to everyone doing XHTML and ECMAscript work.
I frankly have no idea what is invalid in the first one, but…

Author: mirabilos
Date: 2011-10-31 15:44:43 +0100 (Mon, 31 Oct 2011)
New Revision: 17676
[…]
Log:
small-fixes pending merges:
  Thorsten Glaser 2011-10-31 change ALL (except some plugins) ECMAscript-in-HTML embeddings to one scheme

  I’ve had invalid XHTML in one page, and the following diff literally fixed it:

  -<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">/* <![CDATA[ */
  +<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
   …
  -       </script>
  +//]]></script>

  I’m now fed up with it, and we use this style *EVERYWHERE*!

  <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
  …
  //]]></script>

  Note that the first and last line are on Unix lines of their own!