[Fusionforge-general] DB upgrade unification - status report

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Fri Oct 28 17:54:10 CEST 2011

Olivier Berger, 2011-10-27 22:25:08 +0200 :

[...]

> About the schema definitions and upgrade paths, I've seen in the past,
> in the MantisBT project, the use of the ADODB data dictionary [0].
>
> Have you by any chance investigated such a solution rather than
> reinventing your own wheel ?

  Not really.  The focus of this work was to unify the upgrade process
with no changes to the rest of the app, so I kept the existing code as
much as I could (the rewrite to PHP was almost word-for-word).

  Switching to ADODB could be interesting too, but it's an altogether
different project with a much larger scope.  From what I've gathered in
my (limited) reading, adding this abstraction layer can also make it
more difficult to do complex queries such as the ones we do in some
places, so I'd rather keep that for a different work-package.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

...sur un portable, quelque part dans le monde...
...on a laptop, somewhere in the world...