[Fusionforge-general] Please test the packages in Debian experimental

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Fri Aug 10 09:15:23 CEST 2012

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012, Roland Mas wrote:

>   There seems to be a confusion about where the uploaded files are
> stored.  The code in the plugin uses the $mediawiki/projects_path config
> variable, which is set to $mediawiki/mwdata_path/projects in
> mediawiki.ini; however, the Apache config refers to, essentially,
> $mediawiki/mwdata_path/projects, and files can be uploaded but not
> downloaded.
>
>   Either etc/http.conf.d/plugin-mediawiki.inc must be fixed, or
> plugins/mediawiki/etc/mediawiki.ini.  Since there may be instances where
> wikis exist in .../projects already, I suggest changing the Apache
> config and dropping the wikidata dir altogether (also in the packaging).

I think the first paragraph of yours is a bit confusing, you don’t
mention wikidata there… anyway, this is a double-ouch, because we™
have wikis in /var/lib/gforge/plugins/mediawiki/wikidata/ whereas
a fresh 5.2 install uses /var/lib/gforge/plugins/mediawiki/projects/
indeed… I guess the easiest way out is to do as you say and drop the
wikidata directory in FF 5.2, and deal with the Evolvis problem with
local patches, unless this also happens for “regular” older-than-5.2
installations (tbh, I have misplaced my earlier test machine).

Can anyone report how the Debian 5.0/5.1 packages place the wikis?
Does anyone else have backported plugin-mediawiki code in use, and
which directory does it use?

> > grep: /etc/fusionforge/fusionforge.conf: No such file or directory
>
>   That grep should be replaced with a call to .../forge_get_config if it
> is to be useful.

Mh.

bye,
//mirabilos