[Fusionforge-general] My mistakes, but please be polite with your fellow contributors - Was: Re: [Fusionforge-commits] r16019 - in branches/Branch_5_2/src: debian plugins/scmgit/common

Franck Villaume franck.villaume at trivialdev.com
Sun Aug 12 12:02:50 CEST 2012

Le 24/07/2012 15:59, Roland Mas a écrit :
>   Hi all,
>
> A short bit about the tone issue in this thread: I'm not too pleased
> about it.  Things happen, we all make mistakes (and I take the blame for
> some pretty large ones myself), no need to yell at each other unless
> (and until) the mess-up is deliberate or no effort is made to fix it.
> Let's stay civil.

Hi all,

I deeply apologize. Sorry about this.

> Olivier Berger, 2012-07-21 07:24:41 +0200 :
>
> [...]

[...]

>>> This is not the first time I explain that fusionforge repo is not
>>> debian repo only... put your debian stuff in your own repo !!!
>
>   Sure.  And push the RPM packaging stuff out into its own repo too.

+1

> And the JavaScript libraries, and PHPwiki, and so on.  We have lots of
> things in the FF repo that don't really belong there, and that I would
> personnally be happy to see removed.  But they are here because we try
> to work together on something that mostly works without involving too
> many hoops to jump through for users wishing to run FusionForge, or
> fragmenting our work into too many repositories.  The situation is not
> ideal, but it mostly works.  Let's improve it instead of ranting.

On this topic, I just upgrade the jquery and jquery-ui lib. Last
jquery-ui lib (1.8.22) is broken with the last jquery lib (1.8.0). I had
to downgrade to 1.7.2 to make it work.
jquery-ui 1.9 (not yet released) will be compatible with jquery 1.8.

About dependencies, one idea would be to validate specific versions of
external tools to one branch.
Meaning : branch 5.2 is validate with mediawiki 1.15.1 to 1.16.1 (this
is an example, this is not true value).
Each plugin could check (how ???) the version of the external tool and
report error if no valid version is found.

Other idea :
Each plugin could also be valid for specific fusionforge version and be
store as project in fusionforge.org site.

Franck

--
TrivialDev Founder
http://trivialdev.com