[Fusionforge-general] Plugin Compact Preview License

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Aug 22 12:08:08 CEST 2012

Hi.

Franck Villaume <franck.villaume at trivialdev.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I was taking a look at the compact preview plugin. One todo makes me
> wonder that we need to clear the situation :
>
> // This is heavily inspired by code presented in
> http://rndnext.blogspot.com/2009/02/jquery-ajax-tooltip.html from Caleb
> Tucker
> // TODO : verify license
> // TODO : use the improved version with hoverIntent plugin
> (http://cherne.net/brian/resources/jquery.hoverIntent.html) as
> documented in :
> http://rndnext.blogspot.com/2009/02/jquery-live-and-plugins.html
>

> What is the licence of this file oslcTooltip.js ?

I think we tried and get in touch with the initial author (at least I
insisted on that at the time), but don't have a record now, and Sabri
has left us, so...

I tried again using twitter, as blogspot comments seems broken :
https://twitter.com/olberger/status/238210911184232449 . I hope he will
respond.

Note that his code borrowed again from another code, etc.

I guess much of JS posted in forums has the same problems.

Still, we have modified it a bit in several ways, as can be seen
in the attached diff.

So I don't know... anyone else's opinion ?

Maybe we can just relax the license in making it more BSD/MIT like, and
just change the TODO with a notice clarifying our "best efforts" so far ?

Thanks for caring.

Best regards,