[Fusionforge-general] Proposal : F2F FusionForge meeting / work session in Paris on October 10

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Fri Aug 24 13:59:39 CEST 2012

Hi.

I'd like to propose a physical / Face 2 Face meeting and work day inn
Paris (France) on October 10.

You may have heard that the Open World Forum 2012 [0] will happen in
that same city from 11th to 13th.

Hopefully there will be an Open Forges session at OWF on the 11th [1]
(to be confirmed) so I thought that it could be a good idea to have a
meeting the day before for the FusionForge developers (and advanced
users).

I've initiated a doodle to try and count the people that could come to
Paris at : http://www.doodle.com/p5ykbnnkt55dayqr

I think we will need to draft a programme to structure the day and make
sure it is most productive for everyone.

We have a few ideas for meeting location, and also if people have ideas
for budget lodging of participants, or other means of funding for travel
expenses, please share them ;-)

We had previous editions of such physical meetings, for the records :
http://wiki.planetforge.org/index.php/Forges_Meeting_February_2010_Proceedings,
and maybe some other pointers

Btw, OWF is generally very interesting, so I think it's worth a 2 days
trip at least. I think the Open Forges session may have Allura, Tuleap
and probably other forges in the programme, but nothing official yet.

Comments, ideas ?

Best regards,

[0] http://www.openworldforum.org/
[1] http://openworldforum2012.sched.org/event/90adf5fac8a91b527948407ee779924e