[Fusionforge-general] status of the ADMS.SW Plugin

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Dec 5 21:24:46 CET 2012

Hi.

Luis Cañas-Díaz <lcanas at bitergia.com> writes:

> On 05/12/12 20:04, Luis Cañas-Díaz wrote:
>> On 19/10/12 01:08, Luis Cañas-Díaz wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm deploying a forge with FF 5.2 and I would like to use the ADMS.SW
>>> Plugin. I've read some commets by Olivier in the IRC that make me think
>>> it is not ready yet. What is the status?
>>
>> Hi Olivier and all!
>>
>> I've installed manually the latest code from the ADMS.SW plugin to a
>> FusionForge 5.2 which runs forja.cenatic.es. The administration menu
>> says it is enabled but I only gets the HTML when I do:
>>
>> curl -k -H 'Accept: application/rdf+xml'
>> https://forja.cenatic.es/projects/agrega
>>
>> Isn't it ready for 5.2?
>
> Olivier, forget my previous message. I didn't remember your message sent
> on Fri Oct 19 10:26:21 CEST 2012, for any reason I don't have it in my
> inbox but I've seen it in the archive.

Strange... I hope 'curl' is not a spam keyword ;)

> I guess there is no news about the port..

No, as far as the "official" repo is concerned.

But in the meantime, I have prepared a branch which I tried to rebase on
the 5.2 branch and hopefully includes all the necessary bits that had
been committed to trunk already.

You may find it here :
  Repo : git clone https://fusionforge.org/anonscm/git/fusionforge/users/olberger.git
  Branch : git checkout git_admssw-plugin-5.2_clean

It should give you proper RDF, although it may not be perfect yet, and
will still be very limited until we bring more useful features making
full use of ADMS.SW (like for support of the FRS, trove categories,
etc.)

I'm not sure it validates well with the ADMS.SW validator released
recently on Joinup, either... :-/

I hope we'll be able to find the means to improve it soon (some funding
effort under preparation... can't yet disclose more details, I'm
afraid). Stay tuned for more details, or just send pull requests ;-)

Best regards,

P.S.: no we haven't implemented the merge/pull requests in FF either ;-(
--
Olivier BERGER
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF