[Fusionforge-general] Problems with the reps permissions

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Jan 31 10:52:00 CET 2012

Alvaro Olmedo, 2012-01-26 12:17:44 +0100 :

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem in two differents forges (one of them was
> migrated from gforge and the other one is a new installation of
> FusionForge 5.0.3): only the project's administrators can commit in
> the repositories. The problem is related with the setup of the
> permissions of the repositories (SVN exactly) in the access file.
>
> I've checked the code and the database and I've got some
> questions/doubts. The rw o r access to the repository is established
> in SVNPlugin.class with these lines:
>
> 252             if ($perm->isMember ('scm', 1)) {
> 253                $access_data .= $user->getUnixName() . "= rw\n" ;
> 254             } elseif ($perm->isMember ('scm', 0)) {
> 255                $access_data .= $user->getUnixName() . "= r\n" ;

  Yes, this is probably a bug in 5.0.

> So, I observed in Permission.class that the isMember function don't
> handle the field 'scm', in the code and in the database (user_groups
> table) I can see a 'cvs_flags' field but I don't know if this field is
> related.
>
> I think that the solution could be in this way because the project's
> administrators obtain the rw access with the admin_flag, no with the
> "repositorie flag". It's only a possibility.

  The permission system was overhauled in 5.1, and this bug should no
longer exist in there, especially since you can get the SCM write
permission in many different ways (explicit role, global role, project
admin, and so on).

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

If you're ever confused as to which mode you're in, keep entering the
<escape> key until vi beeps at you.  -- nvi manual page.