[Fusionforge-general] Freeze!

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Mar 27 21:25:01 CEST 2012

Roland Mas, 2012-03-23 15:28:59 +0100 :

[...]

>   So, since it seems there's little in the way of new features being
> committed on trunk these days, I'm going to create a new branch in
> preparation for the 5.2 release.  Please keep it focused on bugfixes.

  /branches/Branch_5_2 is now operational.

  I forgot to mention: translations are welcome too!  There are plenty
of new strings in 5.2 due to the plethora of new plugins.

>   I'm also going to try setting up buildbot jobs on
> buildbot3.fusionforge.org to automate the testing of that branch.
> Since that means more jobs, I switched off the older buildbot so as to
> reallocate its resources (CPU, RAM and disk) since they were both VMs
> on the same server.

  The jobs are operational too, and they're all blue (at the time of
writing :-)

>   On the Debian front, I'll probably start uploading packages out of the
> 5.2 branch into the experimental distribution to get early testing;

  The upload just happened; I also did a (hopefully last) upload of 5.1
to unstable.

> then I'll migrate them to unstable when I gain some more confidence.

  This is for later, after I get some feedback.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Magic is one thing, and reflected-sound-of-underground-spirits is another.
  -- Twoflower, in The Colour of Magic (Terry Pratchett)