[Fusionforge-general] gitweb.list being overwritten

Taylor, Mark J. mtaylor at WPI.EDU
Tue May 8 14:41:31 CEST 2012

Hello Mavin

I don't why you're git conf would keep getting overwritten but I can share with you my git setup.  I'm running fusion on Redhat linux 5.7. In order to get GIT working, I had to symlink GIT files into the /usr/share/gforge/src/plugins/scmgit/www directory from /usr/share/gitweb.

Here's what my scmgit/www directory looks like:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   41 Apr 25 15:56 git-favicon.png -> /usr/share/gitweb/static/git-favicon.png
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   38 Apr 25 15:56 git-logo.png -> //usr/share/gitweb/static/git-logo.png
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   35 Apr 25 14:47 gitweb.css -> /usr/share/gitweb/static/gitweb.css
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   34 Apr 25 14:47 gitweb.js -> /usr/share/gitweb/static/gitweb.js

I also had to create a cgi-bin symlink in /usr/share/gforge/src/plugins/scmgit like this:
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   18 Apr 26 08:36 cgi-bin -> /usr/share/gitweb/

I hope this helps.
Mark

From: fusionforge-general-bounces at lists.fusionforge.org [mailto:fusionforge-general-bounces at lists.fusionforge.org] On Behalf Of Mavin Martin
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 6:13 PM
To: fusionforge-general at lists.fusionforge.org
Subject: [Fusionforge-general] gitweb.list being overwritten

I've been playing around with SCM-GIT because the paths are not setup correctly on the initial build of Fusionforge on the Ubuntu 11.10 Linux Server.  I modified some paths inside of /etc/gforge/plugins/scmgit/gitweb.conf.  Many of the issues are fixed when modifying paths in this file.  About 10 minutes later, it seems as though something in cronjobs is overwriting the file back to its normal form.  Does anyone know where the actual file to set parameters of link locations like $logo = 'https://fusionforge.org/plugins/scmgit/git-logo.png' is?

Thanks,

--
Mavin ~m3