[Fusionforge-general] admin privs

Taylor, Mark J. mtaylor at WPI.EDU
Wed May 9 15:55:12 CEST 2012

Greeting Roland

Thanks for mentioning the "pending administrative tasks" widget. I forgot about that. So now the big question is, can I as the site admin, delegate that widget to certain users?

If that widget can't be delegated, could I use the "global role" as suggested earlier combined with the approve-pending url?

Best
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: fusionforge-general-bounces at lists.fusionforge.org [mailto:fusionforge-general-bounces at lists.fusionforge.org] On Behalf Of Roland Mas
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:27 AM
To: fusionforge-general at lists.fusionforge.org
Subject: Re: [Fusionforge-general] admin privs

Thorsten Glaser, 2012-05-09 14:30:54 +0200 :

> On Wed, 9 May 2012, Taylor, Mark J. wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if it’s possible to delegate project approval
>> privileges to a few users without making them a site admin?
>
> AFAICS that would work like this:
>
> Create a new global role, edit it, give it approval privs but not site
> admin privs, then add the people to the group.
>
> However I’m unsure whether the .php page can actually be accessed with
> that. Please report, we might need to fix it.

  The project approval page can be accessed.  However, the forge admin page cannot, so you either have to know its URL or use the widget dedicated to pending administrative tasks, so you get a direct link from your personal page.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Sauvez les castors, imprimez en recto-verso.