[Fusionforge-general] gitweb.list being overwritten

Mavin Martin mavinmartin at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:40:09 CEST 2012

Hi Mark,

First of all, I just realized that this wasn't being posted on the general-discussions forum so I just added  fusion forge as a CC for anyone else that might experience this problem. :)

This is the error that is popping up when I try to check out the git repository:

git clone http://mavin@forge2.sci.utah.edu/git/testf2/testf2.git
Cloning into 'testf2'...
Password:
error: The requested URL returned error: 500 while accessing http://mavin@forge2.sci.utah.edu/git/testf2/testf2.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed

I was getting the ssl certificate error before but I set the variable use_ssl=false just to make sure git works first.  I also  set GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=true inside of the project testf2.git which has no effect now but will probably fix some issues when changing it back to ssl safe. :)  I also just set SSH_ASKPASS="".

Here is the contents of my plugin-scmgit.conf which was what I forwarded to you in the last email:

ScriptAlias /git "/var/lib/gforge/chroot/scmrepos/git"
<Directory /usr/share/gforge/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin>
  SetEnv GITWEB_CONFIG /etc/gforge/plugins/scmgit/gitweb.conf
  Options +ExecCGI
  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
  DirectoryIndex gitweb.cgi
</Directory>

<Location /git>
          Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Indexes
          ErrorDocument 404 default
          AuthType Basic
          AuthName "Git Repository"
          AuthUserFile /var/lib/gforge/svnroot-authfile
          Require valid-user
</Location>

Is this what you were looking for?  I also found another configuration file called gitweb which says:

Alias /gitweb /usr/share/gitweb

<Directory /usr/share/gitweb>
  Options FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi