[Fusionforge-general] About our Jenkins buildbot and test suites

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Fri Dec 13 15:20:26 CET 2013

  Hello,

  As you probably all know by now, we have a Jenkins instance at
http://buildbot.fusionforge.org/ that runs various test suites on our
code to check for installability and avoid regressions.

  We currently have a few problems with that setup:

- It seems a package required by PHPunit is no longer available in
  CentOS 6 (it used to be there until a few days ago).  Please have a
  look at the console output for the fusionforge-master-src-centos6 job;
  it doesn't speak much to me as a Debian guy, but my understanding is
  that the php-symfony2-Yaml package used to be distributed in the EPEL
  repository but is no longer.  Any fix would be welcome.

- The fusionforge-52-rpm-centos5 job also fails regularly.  The most
  prominent error message I can find seems to be rpm complaining about
  "DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch".  Again,
  I don't understand it clearly, but a fix would be nice.

- The fusionforge-51-rpm-centos5 job also fails regularly.  I'm inclined
  to just let it die peacefully, as it's been disabled for a year and
  nobody complained.

- Both fusionforge-master-rpm-centos5 and fusionforge-master-rpm-centos6
  are disabled, and have been for quite some time too.  If I recall
  correctly, this was to avoid a disk space leak: since old builds
  weren't cleaned up, each build would eat a few dozen megabytes,
  resulting in out-of-disk conditions on unrelated jobs.  Is anyone
  interested in fixing that?

  Not everything is negative, though :-)  I just went through all
configured jobs so that they now point at the Git repository rather than
the old Subversion one.  Also, they've been cleaned up a bit, which
means that adding new jobs for the 5.3 branch will be easy (clone and
edit one or two parameters).  I plan to do that soon.  Also, I plan to
switch some of the Debian-related jobs to Debian 8 (which is currently
in testing).

  Any thoughts?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Bonjour, je suis un virus de signature.  Propagez-moi dans la vôtre !