[Fusionforge-general] How to email SCM commits ?

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Feb 12 15:45:39 CET 2013

Fabrice Popineau, 2013-02-12 14:22:30 +0100 :

> It turns out that if I run the hook as root, it is working, whether if I
> run it as www-data, it fails with the 'db_query_params() not found' error
> message.

  I'm not sure of the code paths, but maybe something prevents that
script from reading the *.ini configuration files?  Do you have any
relevant messages in the Apache error log?

> I'm not very knowledgeable about php. I have tried to compare the content
> of the /etc/php/{apache2,cli,cgi} but without noticing what could prevent
> php to find the database.
> Any idea where to look for ?
> The other option is to change the template for post-commit to 'sudo ...'
> and put a line in the sudoers file.
> But I'm wonder how safe it is.

  Not very, but on the other hand serving Subversion via Apache isn't
safe either, so…

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

All tribal myths are true, for a given value of 'true'.
  -- in The Last Continent (Terry Pratchett)