[Fusionforge-general] FF 4.8.3: missing functions in forums / diary.php and tasks.php

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Jan 8 20:35:32 CET 2013

On 2013-01-08, at 11:28 , Franck Villaume <franck.villaume at trivialdev.com> wrote:

>> For the most part, the upgrades have been great / smooth, and I can usually figure out / fix problems, but there have been a couple that are eluding me.
>>
>> First, forums.  4.7, this worked great ... 4.8.3, I get various errors, latest one being:
>
> 4.8.3 is not the last version of 4.8, but the last released. Last update on 4.8 is 2011-04-12.

I'm  planning to jump to 5.0 this coming weekend, actually … because of the file system level changes in 5.0 for the SCM, I figured I'd get as close as possible with the released before moving up … keeps it all manageable :)

>> Second, diary.php.  This one existed in 4.7 as well, I just 'hacked around it' temporarily hoping it would be fixed in 4.8.3, but it wasn't ... suspect that its probably co-related to the above?   Basically, its not finding the getErrorMessage function at:
>>
>>         $user_obj=user_get_object($diary_user);
>>         if (!$user_obj || $user_obj->isError()) {
>> //              exit_error('ERROR','User could not be found: '.$user_obj->getErrorMessage());
>>                 exit_error('ERROR','User could not be found');
>>         }
>>
>> I commented it out and removed the getErrorMessage() call, just so that it doesn't produce a 500 page error, but, again, it was only meant as a temp solution figuring it might have  been fixed in later release, but since it isn't, suspect maybe something wrong on my configuration ... ?
>
> It cannot retrieve the user object.
> Is it happening on all diaries ?

From what I can tell, only those that are invalid users … before I starting doing migrations, I went through the database and cleaned out thousands of garbage/spam accounts … I suspect what is happening is that Google and other search engines had those indexed at some point, and they haven't expired yet …

> Once again, you do a good job.
> If you run into nightmare, I may setup a 4.8.3 box and test.

As mentioned above, my goal is to upgrade to 5.0 this coming weekend, and I'm aiming to get to 5.2 (the latest release) within a couple of weeks … I didn't want to jump all the way up, but go incrementally :)