[Fusionforge-general] Split logs for each project website

Sylvain Beucler - Inria sylvain.beucler at inria.fr
Tue Apr 1 16:54:44 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'd like to split the logs for each project homepages (*.gforge.inria.fr).

Currently there's a mod_vhost_alias configuration, piping all the logs
to rsyslog:
   CustomLog "|/usr/bin/logger -p local6.info"
and there's a rsyslog configuration that splits the log in each
project's /home/groups/xxx/logs/ directory.

Currently rsyslog automatically creates repositories, which requires a
few work-around to prevent bogus directories from being created.
Also there's a 1024 bytes limit issue in logger stdin.

So, I'm considering doing this differently - did you implement this kind
of setup already?
Keep in mind that we're talking about > 5000 vhosts :)

--
Sylvain