[Fusionforge-general] Development VM auto-generated with Vagrant/Packer

Benoit Debaenst benoit.debaenst at trivialdev.com
Tue Feb 11 15:45:27 CET 2014

Hi,

I continue using VM, and during tests about personal git repository creation I
encountered some problems.
The  create_scm_repos.php cronjob is blocked after directory creation. After
investigation, the ssh connection was not working and still waiting.
I installed nscd package (as see on another FusionForge installation), ssh
connection run fine ant personal git repository too.

So, I just took a look at the file src/debian/control and nscd seems to be only
a recommended package for gforge-shell-postgresql.
To use git  through ssh , nscd seems to be mandatory.

I think it will be better to change the package dependencies but I'm not really
comfortable with that and the impact this may have.
Another way is to  add installation of nscd in the VM fusionforge installation
script.

Regards,
Benoît

Benoît