[Fusionforge-general] Relicensed the ARC2 plugin for OSLC core JSON RDF dialect support - Was: Re: FusionForge branch master updated. c5c233b717415a77fd9bd876056277ce171e7b89

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu
Fri Jan 10 17:38:55 CET 2014

Hi.

"franck.villaume at trivialdev.com" <franck.villaume at trivialdev.com>
writes:

>> Le 30 décembre 2013 à 09:26, Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser at tarent.de> a écrit :
>>

>> On Sat, 28 Dec 2013, Franck VILLAUME wrote:
>>
>> > include_once 'ARC2_OSLCCoreRDFJSONParserPlugin.php';
>>
>> This file is Apache2 licenced, which is only compatible with
>> GPLv3+ but not GPLv2. If you include this file, you make, in
>> the end effect, FusionForge GPLv3+. Last time I checked, there
>> were still several (about a dozen or so) GPLv2-only files in
>> the tree (although, what I checked was Branch_5_1), which makes
>> this combination illegal.
>>
>> If you can get a dual GPLv2+/Apache2 licence from those who
>> wrote this file (hello Olivier), this would be the easiest
>> way out – also for those who have said they cannot use the
>> GPLv3 for their code.
>>
>> (Not that I’m personally fond of the Apache licence at all,
>> but that’s a different matter.)
>>
>> bye,
>> //mirabilos
>> --
>
> Hi Thorsten, thank you for this advice.

Thanks for spotting this indeed.

> Olivier, can we get an update on the licence ?

I've just committed a relicensed file to master.

> Btw, any chance to get an update file ? the README point to a broken svn
> repository.

The ARC2 plugin hopefully still works as expected. I haven't found any
later revision.

AFAIU, the OSLC Tools project at sourceforge has long been discontinued
when the code was submitted to Eclipse foundation as Eclipse Lyo (and I
fear that the PHP contrib was lost in the process, btw).

I hope this solves the issue, at least legally (IANAL, though).

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8